Skip to main content

Importing infinity loop

I'm learning to set up a SQLite database in Python using the sqlite3 module. I've saved my .py file and imported sqlite3 and I'm ready to go. I try to create a database and
AttributeError: module 'sqlite3' has no attribute 'connect'
I can't, for the life of me, figure out what I'm doing wrong. Google is my friend. I named my file sqlite3.py in an attempt to make it easy to find this tutorial later on. BIG MISTAKE. Naming it sqlite3.py meant that my file was trying to import itself 😒😒😒. Obviously there is no attribute 'connect' in my own file.

Note to self: Don't name files after software/languages/modules/etc. 

Stupid mistakes Meh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So long and thanks for all the fish! Part 1 of 2

I have been with the Tech Academy both as a software developer bootcamp student, as well as an employee. After my bootcamp, I was hired first as the live project instructor, and then as Live Project Director. This, I believe, gives me a unique point of view. I have absolutely no regrets and would join the bootcamp again. But there are a number of things I would do differently. What I have learnt as a former student 1. DO NOT WORK PART TIME.   I worked part-time(20-30hrs) during my bootcamp. I was up at 2.30-3.00am every day to work for several hours. I took a short nap, and then I took a 1hr bus ride down to campus. Studied for 7- 9 hours. Took a 1hr bus ride back home. Lather, rinse, repeat. I also had some family obligations. My weekends and half the summer were taken up caring for my young stepdaughter. I was completely exhausted by the end of the bootcamp and I didn't know if I could do more. Learning to program is HARD. You need to be fully focused. I am fortunate because I di...

Figuring out Postgres Part 1(Setting it up)

 I've been meaning how to use Postgres for a while now and I've finally decided to dive into it. First step, installing Postgres from their website . I kept all the default settings which meant it installed PostgreSQL Server, pgAdmin4, Stack Builder, and Command Line Tools. It later prompted me to set up Stack Builder, but I took a look at this tutorial  and determined that I don't really need to do that right now. It also helped me figure out how to verify the installation using SQL Shell(psql). Everything looks good so far. I followed another tutorial on Linkedin learning to create a database. Next on the tutorial, create a virtual environment and install Psycopg2-binary in it. Apparently it's a Postgres database adapter.  And because I'm an idiot, I forgot where I saved the database. I opened up Postgres shell and used the command SHOW data_directory; But it turns out I didn't need it anyway 😁 I created a new Python file and added the following lines of cod...

Inserting data from CSV into Postgres table with Python

I've been looking into how to insert data from a CSV file into a Postgres Table with code. Turns out it's pretty simple and straightforward. I personally prefer doing it in code than with a command, but I'm not sure what is more common in the industry.  So now I should be able to load data from a CSV file into a Postgres table to create a REST API. The next step is trying to figure out how to convert that data into JSON format. 🤔